Whittington Park Football Pitch
We'll be playing a team we've never played before. It's the old university team of a mate of mine. Rumour is that they used to be quite good, but they haven't played together for 7 or 8 years. One of them was alledgedly semi-pro. He can't make it though. Expect the unexpected.
Not much other news to report. Due to the proper summer currently taking place I haven't made much progress in arranging other friendlies. Stay tuned as more info may come soon.
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee (= street ref!), so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour RED
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 6 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.
Sunday 17th August: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 31st August: international friendly (details t.b.c.)
Sunday 14th September: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 12th October: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)