Whittington Park Football Pitch
Following on from our glorious victory (on penalties) against our exotically named London rivals FC Tó Madeira we are back to the nitty gritty of a Reds v Blues game, which if the last game was any indication, promises to be another humdinger in the same vein as the Belgium-Russia game that coincided with ours. Can we just try and keep an eye on the balls this time? - we lost 2: one hoofed and one nicked.
Our next international friendly will be on Sunday 10th August against a bunch of Norfolkian exiles. I shall try and get a report on this lot as I don't have a clue how good they are. And we are likely to have another friendly at the end of August. More details to be announced closer to the date.
In stadium-related news, our backup ground at Market Road is currently being refurbished, and will get new changing rooms (on the raised bit between the pitches where the benches are) and a couple more 5-a-side pitches (where the current changing rooms are, and the empty space next to it) . The 11-a-side pitches are both being resurfaced as well, and there will be new fences and floodlights surrounding each pitch. Should be pretty snazzy once it's finished. Depending on availability, we may make this our first-choice venue from the autumn onwards.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 10th August: international friendly vs Norfolk in Chance FC (4 PM)
Sunday 17th August: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 31st August: international friendly (details t.b.c.)
Sunday 14th September: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)