Mabley Green Park
Lee Conservancy Road
A slight distraction from all this World Cup fever, but we do have our own international friendly to play against the team with the exotic (Portuguese?) name FC Tó Madeira. This will be a replay from last year's match, which we lost with a slightly flattering score for the opposition. Allegedly they have been unbeaten for the whole of this calendar year, but we don't really care for reputations.
Note the early kick-off, which will give us plenty of time to find a pub that shows the actual World Cup. When I booked the pitch I expected this to be Brazil v Holland (last 16 match), but that may have changed completely come Sunday evening.
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are changing and toilet facilities
- 10 min walk from Homerton Overground station
- arrive at 1:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour BLUE
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 6 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Adam & Eve pub
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.
Sunday 20th July: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 10th August: international friendly vs Norfolk in Chance FC (4 PM)
Sunday 17th August: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 31st August: international friendly (details t.b.c.)