Whittington Park Football Pitch
First game after the team returns from their glorious Amsterdam adventure. We may parade the trophy at half time, and after the game there will be opportunities to have your photo taken. Before the memories inevitably start to fade.
More international friendlies are in the pipeline. We will be playing To Madeira (away at Mabley Green) and Norfolk in Chance FC (home at Whittington Park) in the near future, and I'm trying to negotiate another game for the end of August. Plus I have the contact details for a bunch of clowns from Edinburgh so we may end up there some time soon too.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 29 June: international friendly vs To Madeira (2 PM)
Sunday 20th July: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 10th August: international friendly vs Norfolk in Chance FC (4 PM)
Sunday 17th August: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)