Say, FOR EXAMPLE NOT BASED ON REAL LIFE you came across a bicycle at around midday. This bicycle was part of a well known bicycle hire scheme that charges for the length of time at which the bicycle is away from the docking area. It was leaning against a fence in a pedestrian alleyway in a residential area of a HYPOTHETICAL borough of a well known capital city. There was nobody around and it was just resting and so you assume that maybe someone is leaving it there quickly and grabbing something from their house and then returning.
HOWEVER (hypothetically) you are walking home later in the day, say about 15 minutes ago (9pm-ish) AS AN EXAMPLE. You discover it is still there. What would you do? Bearing in mind a few factors:
There is absolutely no indication on the internet of a standard way of reporting a found bike from this scheme.
They are quite shitty bikes.
The bike is in good working condition.
1. Would you ring up the only phone number that seems remotely relevant and pay the phone charges associated with that line to get the bike picked up and thereby reduce the financial stress of the large organisation involved that is potentially removing a high proportion of its staff who work in a different area of the organisation?
2. Would you take the bike home and go WOO FREE BIKE?
3. Would you return it to a cycle dock despite the nearest one being quite a distance away?
4. Leave it and not give a fuck?
5. Wish you had taken option 4 before starting down option 1 and now realise that that option isn't working out as planned?
Bear in mind two main factors.
1. The post writer has been in the pub for a few hours before IMAGINING this scenario.
2. This post is definitely not about me.