Whittington Park Football Pitch
Last game before we send a DiS delegation to Holland, so in order to prepare for this we will play the Amsterdam XI (in red) vs the Rest of the World (in blue). With possibly Louis as the captain of RotW. Scary stuff indeed.
We will also officially present the 2014/2015 DiS shirt to the press and our supporters. I can confirm nor deny that it may look a little bit like this: http://i.imgur.com/dmYla4G.jpg. Available from the club shop some time in the near future.
And finally, our good friends from To Madeira have requested a rematch. They, like us, are unbeaten in 7 games, which has seen them climb to the dizzy heights of mid-table in the CLSSL Sunday League. This game is most likely to be played again at Hackney Marshes with a 2 PM kick-off.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Saturday 7 June/Sunday 8 June: WV-HEDW tournament in Amsterdam
Sunday 22 June: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 29 June: international friendly vs To Madeira (2 PM)
Sunday 20th July: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)