Would you say...
WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS
"God... will wipe all tears from their eyes, and there will be no more death, suffering, crying or pain."
- Revelation 21:3, 4, Contemporary English Version.
WHAT THAT CAN MEAN FOR YOU
• Assurance that God does not cause our problems. - James 1:13.
• Comfort from knowing that God feels for us when we suffer - Zechariah 2:8.
• Hope that all suffering will end - Psalm 37:9-11.
CAN WE REALLY BELIEVE WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS?
Yes, for at least two reasons:
• God hates suffering an injustice. Consider how Jehovah God felt when his people in Bible times were cruelly mistreated. The Bible says that he was distressed because of "those who were shoving them around." - Judges 2:18, New World Translation.
God has strong feelings about those who harm others. For example, the Bible says that "hands shedding innocent blood" are detestable to him. - Proverbs 6:16, 17.
• God cares for us as individuals. Not only does each person know "his own plague and his own pain" but so does Jehovah! - 2 Chronicles, 6:29, 30.
Through his Kingdom, Jehovah will soon end the suffering of each individual. (Matthew 6:9, 10) In the meantime, he tenderly comforts those who sincerely look out for him. Acts 17:27; 2 Corinthians 1:3, 4.