Whittington Park Football Pitch
Here's one to fight the post-Easter blues with: our regular Reds vs Blues match will take place on the last Sunday of the month. Note that for the people with an interest in vulgar ball, the Liverpool vs Chelsea match will kick off in the support slot starting at 2:05 PM the same day. If you do want to watch that, I'd strongly suggest to gather in The Floirin (next door to the entrance of Whittington Park) and sip on a Diet Coke. Stevie's tears are optional.
Our next international friendly has been confirmed for the following Sunday. This will be played on real grass, at the home of football. Don't sign up yet, I'll start a new thread with all relevant details very soon. I'm also working on a number of friendlies against new, exciting teams to be played over the summer. As always, more news when we have it.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 4 May: international friendly vs CCC (2 PM)
Sunday 18 May: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Saturday 7 June/Sunday 8 June: WV-HEDW tournament in Amsterdam
Sunday 22 June: regular 11-a-side (kick-off t.b.c.)