AcademySport Leisure Centre
DiS football announcement #3 for this week: we have been invited to play in Reading, against the team that could have been called ElthamsmateOwensmatesthatheplaysfootballwith. That seems quite snappy, but a bit too long for the thread title, so we go with RR FC instead.
As by the date of the match it will have been Owen's birthday as well, the plan is too stay in Reading for the remainder of the day to celebrate, whilst disgracing ourselves in the town's finest establishments. Anyone for head-chess?
We have the choice to either stay the night in the local Ibis for about £25 per person, or take the last train back to London, which will depart 4 minutes past midnight, dropping you off at Paddington at 1:07 AM. Earlier trains are available, but where's the fun in that?
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee (and a very unique one too, if the rumours are to believed), so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are changing, shower and toilet facilities
- 20 min by bus #5 from Reading train station
- we'll leave London Paddington about 1 PM (exact time t.b.c.)
- kick-off at 3 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour to be confirmed (but most likely red and white hoops)
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- £4.50 per player will be collected on the day
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.
Sunday 27 April: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 18 May: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Saturday 7 June/Sunday 8 June: WV-HEDW tournament in Amsterdam
Sunday 22 June: regular 11-a-side (kick-off t.b.c.)