Whittington Park Football Pitch
DiS football announcement #2 for this week: we will be playing the God Squad again. Last year's match ended in a 3 - 1 victory for the unholy DiS squad, but as we all know, the spiritual one moves in mysterious ways, so a repeat of that divine victory is by no means guaranteed. The God Squad are wearing orange, after all.
Note that this game is on a SATURDAY, and kick-of is at 2 PM !!! All very different from what you are used to, so try not be that guy (again).
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 1:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 2 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour to be confirmed (but most likely blue)
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 6 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.
Saturday 5 April: international friendly vs Reading Regulars (3 PM)
Sunday 27 April: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 18 May: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Saturday 7 June/Sunday 8 June: WV-HEDW tournament in Amsterdam