Whittington Park Football Pitch
DiS football announcement are a bit like London buses, for ages nothing happens and suddenly 3 come along. This is announcement #1 for this week: our regular, monthly Reds vs Blues match in the Upper Holloway area. Hands up those who think it'll finish in a penalty shout-out.
More news to come tomorrow.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Saturday 29 March: international friendly vs God Squad (2 PM)
Saturday 5 April: international friendly vs Reading Regulars (3 PM)
Sunday 27 April: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 18 May: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)