Whittington Park Football Pitch
Hopefully we have all calmed down after that exciting 5-a-side tournament. Only a few players were crippled in the process (in particular, get well soon Vikram and Ken). So it is back to the great outdoors for our February game. Are we set for another pelanty shoot-out?
On the international friendlies front, we have been invited for exciting day trips to Surbiton and Reading against opposition we haven't played before. Dates are being finalised as we speak, and hopefully I'll be able to confirm details very soon. Finding a date for a rematch (in London) against Exeter's finest Partizan Homemade has proven to be a bit more troublesome, but I'm still confident we'll be able to agree something for later in the year.
And finally, responses to participate in the Amsterdam tournament in June have been overwhelming. Expect a memo in your in-tray in the next few days.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 23 March: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Saturday 5 April: international friendly (details t.b.c.)
Sunday 27 April: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 18 May: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)