Sobell Leisure Centre
Back by popular demand, the fifth annual DiS 5-a-side football tournament will take place on Sunday 10 February, indoors at the Sobell Centre near Finsbury Park.
It is very simple and straight-forward, if you want to participate, you will have to sign up as an individual (not as a team!). You don't have to have played DiS football before, this invitation is open to all.
Once we know who is playing, everything will be thrown in the mixer and teams will be compiled and announced. Where possible, friends will be grouped in the same team, and sworn enemies will be kept apart. Feel free to put requests in who to play with/against, either in this thread, or via PM/email/text if you think it's controversial.
No prizes, you're just playing for the honour. Who can forget last year's winners, the amazing Amersfoorts Blond?
Exact match format, rules & regulations to be published some time next week.
- we play on 5-a-side indoor pitches
- there are changing rooms with showers and lockers
- 5 min walk from Finsbury Park tube/rail station (Piccadilly/Victoria line)
- arrive on time, as all teams need to be ready and complete by the time we're due to kick off (latecomers may not be admitted)
- matches will be between 15 and 20 mins each
- expect to play 4 or 5 matches in total
- once the teams are known, a shirt colour will be suggested for each team, but you can change this (as long as it doesn't clash with other teams)
- bring trainers with light-coloured soles
- shinpads are optional
- deadline for signing up is Thursday 6 Feb at midday
- teams will be announced Friday 7 Feb around lunchtime
- 7 pounds each will be collected on the day BEFORE the start of the tournament (no pay = no play)
- the whole thing should be over by 5:30 PM at the latest
- post-match analysis in the Tollington pub on Hornsey Road (opposite the Sobell Centre)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 23 February: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 23 March: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 27 April: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 18 May: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)