Whittington Park Football Pitch
Our first January game was so much fun that there is a second opportunity this month for a Reds vs Blues battle. The pelanty shout-out may be repeated. Let's just hope that that dangerous dog stays away, although it did do a good job in clearing the pesky youths off the pitch.
Confirmation and details of this year's WV-HEDW fraternization tournament in Amsterdam is imminent, or so I have been told. And after last week's cracking draw, I'm looking to line up a couple more international friendlies for February and March, including a rematch against FOB. As always, stay tuned.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 9 February: 5-a-side tournament (2 PM)
Sunday 23 February: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 23 March: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 27 April: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)