1) Leeds-born artist Damien Hirst won the Turner Prize in 1995 for his sculpture “Mother and Child, Divided” which featured which animal cut in half and encase in formaldehyde?
2) “But by no conceivable amount of effort or training could I become a coal-miner; the work would kill me in a few weeks.” is a quote from which George Orwell non-fiction book about his time spent with the Northern working class?
3) Which Manchester based musician said the following about which Manchester based sportsman? “He looks like a balloon with Weetabix crushed on top”
4) What was Oasis’ first UK top 10 single?
5) Which northern football team were founded under the name ‘Christ Church Football Club’?
6) Which city sits on the confluence of the Ouse and the Foss?
7) In December 2013 the Queen issued a royal pardon to which former University of Manchester computing director who had also worked as part of the code-breaking team at Bletchley Park?
8) Liverpool became the second UK city to hold the title of ‘European Capital of Culture’ for what year?
9) True or false....Residents of Hartlepool are often called ‘Monkey Hangers’ due to an incident during the Napoleonic war where a monkey made it to shore from a wrecked ship and was ultimately hung when it wouldn’t speak during interrogation as the townsfolk thought it was a spy.
10) Which boy band has members born in Frodsham, Droylsden, Crumpsall, Oldham
Tiebreak - The M62 is how many blackpool towers long?