Timber Pond Road
London SE16 6AT
Happy New Year! Our first international friendly will take place in exactly 10 days against the dark horses of FOB, in faraway Rotherhithe. They are another team that are friends with the Chinese Community Centre, so I fully expect to see 'The Crab' amongst their ranks.
Please make sure to take enough time to get to the pitch, as the Bacon's College complex seems to be fairly big, and it's a new away destination for us, so plenty opportunities to get lost on the way there.
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
- we play on a full-sized 3G astro-turf pitch
- there are changing and toilet facilities
- 15 min walk from Canada Water station (Jubilee or London Overground line)
- arrive at 12:00 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour to be confirmed (but most likely red hoops)
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 6 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Bacon's College Bar
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.
Sunday 26 January: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 9 February: 5-a-side tournament (2 PM)
Sunday 23 February: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 23 March: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)