Whittington Park Football Pitch
2013 hasn't even finished yet, and memories of that incredible awards night are still fresh, but the 6th year of glorious DiS Football is about to kick off. Note that we will be returning to the less blustery environment of Whittington Park, as well as the traditional 4 PM kick-off.
We will have our first away match on Sunday 12th Jan, in the picturesque village of Rotherhithe. Travel arrangements to be confirmed.
And by popular demand, we will have another one of our now traditional 5-a-side tournaments in February, at the Sobell Sports Centre in Finsbury Park. More details to be announced closer to the date.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 12th January: international friendly in Rotherhithe (12:30 PM)
Sunday 26 January: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 9 February: 5-a-side tournament (2 PM)
Sunday 23 February: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)