Islington Tennis Centre
Note the slightly earlier than usual kick-off time for this game. And also make sure you turn up at the right venue, i.e. Market Road.
Last game of the year, and a truly special one, as it is officially our 5th anniversary. To celebrate I will collect your fivers before the match or during half-time, and disappear immediately after the final whistle. I won't be joining the team in the pub, but if you look closely, you may see me on the TV screens present.
DiS Football Awards night. Thursday 19th December at 8 PM. The venue has been booked and we will return to the scene of 2011, aka upstairs at the Bloomsbury Tavern. Make sure to keep the date free, as it guaranteed to be a night of fun & bants.
And finally, January will be a busy month, as it looks like that apart from our 2 regular Reds v Blues we will also play an international friendly against a mystery team. More details as soon as I have them.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 1:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 2 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Thursday 19 December: DiS Football Awards night (8 PM)
Sunday 5 January: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 12 January or Sunday 19 January: international friendly (KO tbc)
Sunday 26 January: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)