1. Those ghastly boiled burgers you used to get in school before people discovered Americana properly
2. Ray Illingworth, Andy Robinson and Graham Taylor's reigns in charge of their respective national sports teams
3. She Moves In Her Own Way by the Kooks
4. 90% of bands filed under "The New Acoustic Movement"
5. Most non-celebrity Big Brothers, though I do have a fondness for the everyman charm of Craig Philips' 2000 Christmas single, At This Time Of Year
6. Gina G - (Ooh Aah) Just A Little Bit
7. Waiting 2 hours for a cassette computer game to load
8. Katrina and the Waves - Love Shine A Light
9. British Rail sandwiches
10. Hale and Pace. I didn't understand them as a kid. What was their game?
11. Jive Bunny
12. George W Bush being in office
13. The classy (non-model) articles of early 2000s FHM, including "Mmm.. Tastes Like Chicken! Our man drinks his own jizz"
14. Eldorado (unless I'm missing something)
15. Every doomed British attempt to ape a popular American TV show (especially a sitcom), usually things that got axed after five minutes
16. Kym Marsh - Cry
17. The 2003 NME Annual, with such luminary journalism as ""No Good Aardvarks!" - Girls Aloud review the top 10 animal news stories of the year"
18. Geri Halliwell's wonderful vocals, especially on her solo records like Mi Chico Latino
19. Late 80s/early 90s film-to-game adaptations, with particular focus on the Amiga version of Days of Thunder
20. The Salon