Islington Tennis Centre
Note the slightly earlier than usual kick-off time for this game. And also make sure you turn up at the right venue, i.e. Market Road.
This may or may not be the penultimate game of the season. Why, I hear you ask? Last year we decided to include the Brighton game as part of the regular Red vs Blues series, and count the goals for the golden boot competition scored in that game, following a tremendous turn-out for what has gone down in history as “the battle on the hill”. And it is not too late yet to sign up for this year’s rendition: www.drownedinsound.com/community/boards/social/4437618. Regardless of that, the very last game of the season will be on Sunday 8 December. I may have to move the kick-off time for this game however, due to television coverage.
Finally, I am pretty certain that our awards night will take place on Thursday 19 December (venue t.b.c. but hopefully the same room above the same pub as last year) so make sure to keep your diary free for that date.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 1:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 2 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Saturday 30 November: Brighton away (kick-off t.b.c.)
Sunday 8 December: regular 11-a-side (kick-off t.b.c.)
Thursday 19 December: DiS Football Awards night (8 PM)
Sunday 5 January: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)