Islington Tennis Centre
Another team we have never played before and know nothing about. They play in the Thai UK Chang Beer League, which must mean they are better drinkers than us (not that difficult). They do have their own website (www.clubwebsite.co.uk/dragonft/257637/Home), if you want to have a sneak preview at player profiles.
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee (this time: the "lovely ref"), so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins. And try not to kick our balls over the fence/on the roof/in the garden for a change.
In other news, expect an offcial announcement on the Exeter road trip very soon. The final pieces are put in place at this very moment.
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 1:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour to be confirmed (but most likely red)
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 6 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (e.g. goalkeepers and centre backs) will be viewed favourably.
Saturday 26 & Sunday 27 October: Exeter away (kick-off t.b.c.)
Sunday 3 November: regular 11-a-side (2 PM)
Saturday 30 November: Brighton away (kick-off t.b.c.)
Sunday 8 December: regular 11-a-side (2 PM)
Thursday 19 December: DiS Football Awards night (8 PM)