Whittington Park Football Pitch
With so many exciting international friendlies and road trips coming up you almost forget that we have a regular Red v Blues game to play this month as well. I fully expect all regulars to be back from their foreign holidays, bronzed and well-fed, so we shouldn't have to fish for ringers that may or may not upset the balance between the two sides. That's my excuse for last month's debacle anyway.
Take a good look at the forthcoming fixtures list, it should have everything between now and Christmas (including our end-of-year extravaganza). I have indicated kick-off times where confirmed, as we will deviate a few times from the traditional 4 PM start.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are proper changing rooms and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 6 October: international friendly DiS vs Dragon FT (2 PM)
Saturday 26 & Sunday 27 October: Exeter away
Sunday 3 November: regular 11-a-side (2 PM)
Saturday 30 November: Brighton away
Sunday 8 December: regular 11-a-side (2 PM)
Thursday 19 December: DiS Football Awards night