Islington Tennis Centre
A team we have never played before and know nothing about. Named after the fictional team of gods in the Marvel comic Incredible Hercules. This what they look like: http://oi40.tinypic.com/sw4hts.jpg so we now they play in orange and have a number of beardy types amongst their ranks. Notice that they all have their team badge on the left, except the really tall bloke, who wears his badge on the right. Fascinating stuff you'll agree.
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
Also, please pay attention to the revised fixtures list below, in particular our two away trips to Exeter and Brighton, which necessitated moving 2 regular games. There may be another international friendly in London towards the end of September or early October.
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 1:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour to be confirmed (but most likely blue)
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 6 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.
Sunday 22 September: regular 11-a-side
Saturday 26 & Sunday 27 October: Exeter away
Sunday 3 November: regular 11-a-side
Saturday 30 November: Brighton away
Sunday 8 December: regular 11-a-side
Thursday 12 or 19 December: DiS Football Awards night