Whittington Park Football Pitch
The people's choice. Last month we had an absolute scorcher of a game, with tons of goals and even more blatant misses. And loads of Hoogy Time™, sponsored by Heineken. It wouldn't be the same without a bit of controversy.
No updates on international friendlies for September yet, but I'm working on a couple of things. More news to follow soon (possibly, maybe).
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 22 September: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 27 October: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 1 December: regular 11-a-side
Thursday 12 or 19 December: DiS Football Awards night