Islington Tennis Centre
Or us vs the team otherwise known as the Libertines Forum. This one is the big decider for champions of the message boarders. They won the first one (who can forget THAT missed pelanty), but we took revenge, and beat them with a solid, convincing victory last October.
Note the early kick-off time as requested by our opposition, and meths. No late-night clubbing on Saturday night please. If you want to know what they are talking about other than calling us "the hard team with the guy with crazy hair", have a look here: http://www.network54.com/Forum/188020/thread/1373623540/last-1374740185/Borussia+Dotorgmund+v+Drowned+In+Sound+%28THE+DECIDER%29
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 9:30 AM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour to be confirmed (but most likely red hoops)
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 6 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.
Sunday 18 August: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 22 September: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 27 October: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 1 December: regular 11-a-side