Whittington Park Football Pitch
We had a short break from DiS football in order to enjoy the blissful sunshine, but it will be back next week with another edition of our finest Reds vs Blues onslaught. Will we see triple Smee again? And there may be another little surprise in store as well ...
Note that for this game we will be returning to our spiritual home of leafy Whittington Park. Please don't turn up at the wrong pitch.
No international friendlies in July by the look of it, but I'm working on a couple of games for August and September. More news to follow.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 18 August: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 22 September: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 27 October: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 1 December: regular 11-a-side