Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
All basic extras
I need a starter and a main course. GO
main is chicken caserole with everything else
your main is chicken
and create two separate meals from it
and what i need, as outlined in OP
try roasting the leeks with bacon wrapped around them for starters and then for main just roast the shit out of that chicken and eat it with veg
I've just never seen it
(that is a code, a K food and I could have produced something better)
well done vamos
It hasn't aged terribly well)
Perhaps on Saturday at the Brixton Windmill?
I'll be quite literally not in London
I would leave the sprouts out of it, not in this weather.
Starter- chicken and leek terrine (you could even add bacon to this or use it to wrap around the side of the terrine.) let me have a think about main. I'm so much better at coming up with starters than mains.
and the terrine is a good idea
one that even cooks the food after blending it :o
(a smaller portion for the starter)
Okay, just do as follows and you'll be okay:
1. Grate 100g of leeks into a tupperware tub.
2. Put 250g of butter beans into a blender and blend until it's like a fine paste.
3. Now flash fry the sprots whole and ensure that you've got a nice black layer around them, but they're very crunchy on the inside.
4. Boil the kettle for four minutes, then pour the boiling water into a bowl. Put a plate above the bowl with 35g of cranberries on.
5. Cut the chicken into shark shaped pieces with a pair of scissors (too difficult with a knife) and put these under a grill at 250 degrees celcius.
6. This is the clever part. Take the skin off the onion whole and wrap all the bacon you have around it so none of the onion is showing. Put this in a preheated oven at 200 degrees celcius for 70 minutes.
7. Once the bacon onion is done, place it on a bed of the blended butter beans. Surround it by the burnt sprots on the plate. Balance the cranberries on top of the bacon/onion hybrid. Full a side dish with ketchup and put the chicken in there too, this will make a wonderful side / dip combo to have with it.
Clunes you've still got it.
Put them back in the fridge.
apart from the missed "baconion" branding opportunity. *copyrights*
chicken, beans, leeks, onion and leeks might not be too bad. add some white wine, chicken stock and uh lemon? i dunno
the starter can go fuck itself the bourgeious twat
while abhorring your execution, sir
then some chicken thing with the leftover ingredients for main
hmmm i could double up to make terrine and quiche
texture is too similar, innit
don't even cook the chicken just eat it out the packet
But I once made a grated sprout carbonara. You've got the bacon. Go for it.
Keep hold of the cranberries they're redundant
then put in a bowl about 5 mins before you want to serve. then melt 100g white chocolate and 100 ml dluble cream per person in a bain marie. Pour sauce over berries.
This recipe we like to call Spunky Berries.