Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
but looking forward to seeing it immensely. damn fine idea for a film. Ben Wheatley is the shit.
Really enjoyed the film, had no idea what to expect going in. Wasn't disappointed. :)
really liked it
Turned all the lights out and got fucked up on brandy. Enjoyed it.
wasn't a fan of kill list and it's ludicrous ending either. Don't get the hype with this director at all
but I'mma sort myself out a physical copy probably. Still need to see Sightseers, actually. Really interested to see them both, cause I found Kill List really compelling in its genre-bending and general atmosphere.
That Psychedelic sequence was proper intense, hypnotic and brilliant. Definately gonna be getting a fair few rewatches late at night, and El Topo was the perfect film to follow it.
how can you live blog a fecking film
* oh shit didnt expect that to heppen
* is that dennis quaid
* hang on let me just wikipedia it
* oh no its RANDY quaid lol
* its easy to mix up the quaids doe
* but let me tell you how best to remember em
* randy isnt dennis and dennis sure as hell isnt randy
* but im sure denniss significant other would disagree lol
* hey ok ok this is a family paper lol
* but yeah this is a good film i like the direction of it
* and the writing
* though part of that is due to the fact its based on a book
* hang on ill wikipedia it
* s aparenly it isnt based on a book lol
* dunno where i got that idea frm hmm
* OH hang on its inspired partyl by a short story
* by edgar allan poe
* but theyve made some changes
* ah i see ill have to check out the short story
* bet its a goodie ive heard egdar alan poe is a good writer
* whos that guy
* where did he get the gun from
* hang on ill just ask the liive blogger frm the independent
* he just caled me a bellend
* this film sucks the narrative is to convoluted and its hard
* to follow
* self indulgence nonsents 0 outa 10
* im outa her
The scene with Reece Shearsmith leaving the tent grinning was amazing, the soundtrack to that scene was class. Reminded me of Aphex Twin. I liked how ominous the film was generally.
Found some bits hilarious as well, like the conversation about what to tell the dying guy’s wife.
One issue for me is the TV recording cut off the very end of the film. Once Reece Shearsmith leaves the field and sees the man in front of him, does anything else happen? Was annoying because I sensed the film would probably have an indelible final image.
Did the music for that scene.thought it went really well with the visuals.watched it today at the cornerhouse.sweat box central
That's to say I am never going to watch it. Hahaha I bet its really good and I'm a cunt .
But actually good... I think... actually I dunno.
(I will admit I only watched 40 minutes)
I liked it
gonna watch it again. first impressions arent amazing though
but thought this film was pretty much shit. some cool stylistic stuff, decent cinematography and some very good dialogue, but i couldn't give a shit about anything that happened or was going to happen in this film. utterly unengrossing