Islington Tennis Centre
Why the obscure name of our opponents you ask? The first release of the Championship Manager game included a player named "Tó Madeira", a great striker no matter where he played. It was later revealed that Tó Madeira was not a real footballer, but in fact a fictional player created by a scout working for the game producers. When Football Manager started their own in-house football team, the naming the team was easy. And the rest is history.
This team is otherwise known as the home of illustrious DiSers dan_thw and Antpocalypsenow. They won their most recent friendly 9 - 4 I believe, so expect some goals at either end. They also have a website that hasn't been updated for ages: www.fctomadeira.co.uk
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour to be confirmed (but most likely red hoops)
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 6 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.
Sunday 21 July: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 18 August: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 22 September: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 27 October: regular 11-a-side