Islington Tennis Centre
Even though the expirement with our early kick-off last month worked pretty well, we shall revert to our usual afternoon kick-off time to accommodate the childless party animals amongst us. Note that we are playing at Market Road again, as Whittington Park was not available for this game.
Not much to report yet on forthcoming friendlies, but I am talking to at least 3 potential opponents, so the future fixtures list below might well be expanded with a few more games in the coming weeks and months. If not, we can always play an ad-hoc 5-a-side game on a Sunday afternoon if people are suffering from football withdrawing symptoms.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 21 July: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 18 August: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 22 September: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 27 October: regular 11-a-side