Islington Tennis Centre
Bit of an early announcement, but with the Bank Holiday around the corner and the festival season well underway, it seems appropriate to tell you about our next international friendly. For National FC it is their end of season party and whilst we don't want to piss on their parade, we should try and do everything we can to beat this lovely bunch of people. Just think about the look on the face of Austrian Mike. Or Austrian Thomas if you prefer.
Regarding other friendly fixtues, I'm still working on matches against Chinese Community Centre and FC To Madeira, plus we're probably going to reignite our battle with the Libertines message boarders. And there has been talk about playing a game in Reading. More news when I have it.
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 1:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour to be confirmed (but most likely red hoops)
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 6 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.
Sunday 16 June: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 21 July: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 18 August: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 22 September: regular 11-a-side