Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
Give me your top 5 of something.
Top 5 fingers
3. Double Decker
4. Toffee Crisp
2. dairy milk
Why not throw mars in there as well just to bland it up a bit more?
has toffee crisp even got any chocolate in it? i dont need your wacky bars mate. keep it simple.
although at this juncture i'd like to move double decker into slot 4.
Fucking picnic. What were you thinking?
3) Chocolate orange bar
5) Kit Kat
Clear number 1. Plain chocolate bars:
they've conned us into buying air
2 orange club
3 orange club
4 orange club
2. Snickers kingsize
3.Snickers with extra caramel
4.Snickers with extra nuts
5.Kit Kat chunky
And Julian too, probably.
Was considering putting Anne over Julian but I thought at least Julian got into scrapes, a chapter solely about Anne would consist of her being scared and making tea.
The Famous Five are me and four ex-con body builders. The members are our penises.
and displayed these overt tendancies in (I would love to say 5 go off to camp) but i think it as 5 go on a hike.
Give him a break.
traditionally feminine younger sister
and was very partial to Dick
1. Jon Theodore
2. Deantoni Parks
3. Blake Fleming
4. Thomas Prodgen
5. Dave Elitch
2. Pint Glass
3. Low Ball Glass
4. Wine Glass
but my rationale was that I'd rather drink a beer out of a mug than a coffee out of a pint glass
breasts and shoulders
Eyes and penis breasts and shoulders
(breasts and shoulders)
1. Really big boobs
2. Big boobs
3. Quite big boobs
5. Small boobs
Move 1 to 4 and shuffle the rest up
1. Men Behaving Badly
2. Reggie Perrin
3. Doc Martin
4. William And Mary
2. Tahini (just eat some wallpaper paste ffs)
4. Cheese strings (not cheese at all)
No one actually enjoys hummus, they just eat it to look urbane.
misread that as asian foods that proper people don't eat
Kettle chips with hummus is the food of the gods. Caused me to have the shits when I was eating almost nothing but during Euro 2012 though.
1- Opel Monza GSE
2- Opel Manta GTE
3- Vauxhall Astra GTE
4- Vauxhall Cavalier SRi
5- Vauxhall Nova SR
5. Appear you bastard!
1. Levi Stubbs
2. Lawrence Payton
3. Obie Benson
4. Duke Fakir
5. Ronnie McNeir
1. action man bow ties
1. Jon Pertwee
2. Patrick Troughton
3. Tom Baker
4. David Tennant
5. Peter Davison
2. Matt Smith
3. Jon Pertwee
4. Patrick Troughton
5. David Tennant
1. Farfalle (action man bow ties)
3.Little fat tubes
but how in all that is holy is Fanny Schmelar not number 1?
Rusty Kuntz. The trinity of Fanny Schmelar - Rusty Kuntz - Misty Hyman is good one I think
1. Goldeneye (no quibbles!)
2. Zelda : The Ocarina Of Time
3. Jet Force Gemini
4. Banjo Kazooie
5. Super Mario 64
How does something sound 'moist'?
not strictly in definition I guess but moist does effectively phonetically describe the sensation I think?
reading 'MOIST' in any comics..
5) Run out, don't actually know much about Chemistry
Big Tim Riggins
Leave her alone
1: Minority Report
2: Mission Impossible
4: Last Samurai
5: Mission Impossible 3
2. Cherwell Valley
5. Burton In Kendal
Beaconsfield (M40) has got to be on there.
Maccies, KFC, Starbucks, Greggs, M&S, carvery stand, noodle stand, proposed first service station to have a Weatherspoons.
I was trying to avoid accusations of M40 bias
It was even worse before I lived in london where you can get things like squid ink linguine no problem. I especially liked their pates. I have the same problem at killington lake with getting distracted by the ducks. (FAOD, alive, on the lake, not in a chiller cabinet.)
Ive spent too much time with americans lately.
Makes any journey down south so much more tolerable!
HI. (I will text you instead of derailing this thread)
1. Game Of Thrones theme
2. Orange Juice - Rip It Up
3. Daft Punk - Get Lucky
4. The Apprentice theme
5. The Game Of Thrones theme again
2. Pyramid Song
4. There There
5. Talk Show Host
1. A slice of pizza
5. A wedge of cheese
#2 spot, cheese is OFF (cos it's not really triangular is it)
1. Basic Instinct - Sharon Stone's leg cross
2. Carrie - Locker room
3. Trading Places - ''Food and rent are not the only things round here that cost money''
5. Eyes Wide Shut - Kidman's butt
4. Star Wars - Stormtrooper's head
the numbering is correct though
3. Thai Curry
4. Indian Dahl
They all just taste like warm spices.
Snub nosed 38 S&W (Late night special)
M1911 (colt 45)
*Walks away slowly.
cos its elitist/classist and its not all that (cw its contemporaries)
and they are all cracking
I would like to own them all
4. That one I suck at
4) Heart Attack And
Heard It Through The Grape should definitely be in there
1. cheftap (recipes only)
2. e-mail it to myself
4. springpad (things to buy only)
5. pinterest (images only)
1. things to buy, sometimes cheaper
3. there's seats
4. you get to go somewhere else
5. firmly in the top 5 places to peoplewatch
1. New Orleans Saints
2. Green Bay Packers
3. Seattle Seahawks
4. Washington Redskins
5. San Francisco 49ers
1. Bob in Twin Peaks
2. Robert Blake in Lost Highway (that mysterious man at the party)
3. Don Logan in Sexy Beast
4. Begbie in Trainspotting
5. T-1000 in Terminator 2
except that I think dennis hoppers 'Frank' and william defoes 'Bobby Peru' (blue velvet and wild at heart) have to be in there (basically David lynch brings out the monster in actors)
Also Joe Pesci in goodfellas, (if you were in Ray Liottas shoes when you've just called him funny)
I didn't really want Lynch characters to hog all the list. That shot of Bob crouched behind the bed still shits me up. I did actually think of Pesci in Goodfellas but, yeah he was one frightening characacter.
I was tempted to put in Willy Wonka in as I was quite disturbed by him when I was younger.
Sorted by who I'd most like a pint with
1. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass - Lewis Carroll
2. The Tempest - William Shakespeare
3. Doctor Faustus - Christopher Marlowe
4. Top Girls - Caryl Churchill
5. The Turn Of The Screw - Henry James
5. A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (A bit harsh.)
4. Orlando - Virginia Woolf
3. Peter Pan - J.M. Barrie
2. Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad
1. Mary Barton - Elizabeth Gaskell
1. Mango Rubicon (4 always 5eva)
2. Iced tea
3. Irn bru
4. San Pellegrino lemonade
1.top 5 aspect ratios
2.Top 5 Tom Cruise films where he ends up trying to be captured or 3.killed by his employers
4.Top 5 Numbers 1-5
5.Top 5 Drink Receptacles:
3. Long Tailed Tit
3. The Hood
4. Grandma Tracy
5. Hank Marvin
1. Gangs of New York
2. The Krays
4. A Bronx tale (only because I really don't like the actor who plays C when he gets big otherwise it would be 2nd)
5. Carlito's Way (just throwing that in there)
Good list though
from Carlito's Way
(That one when The Priest is walking out to fight The Butcher at the beginning of GoNY is good too though)
1. El Watusi by Ray Baratto from carlito's way
2. Dark Moon High Tide by Afro celt soiund system from gangs of New York
3. Tell It Like It Is Aaron neville Bronx tale
4. Baby I love you Areatha Franklin - Goodfellas
5. New York Girls by Finbar Furey Gangs of New York
I'm a sucker for the way Scorcese uses music in Goodfellas
Top 5 uses of music in Goodfellas:
1. Remember (Walkin' in the Sand)" by The Shangri-Las - digging up Billy Batts's body.
2. Layla by Derek and The Dominos - Discovering the dead mobsters
3. Then He Kissed Me by The Crystals - Henry and Karen entering the Copacabana with that long tracking shot
4. Rags to Riches by Tony Bennett - Opening credits
5. Gimme Shelter by The Rolling Stones - Henry cutting cocaine at Sandy's
1. Car park attendant at a festival
2. Chimney sweep
5. Whatever untrue's job is
3. Passion fruit
1. I am him
3. 28 years old I was
5. or is it the businessman?
but I think kenako or Stealthy or someone else is taller than me
1. Fawlty Towers
2. Only Fools And Horses
3. The Office
5. Steptoe & Son
1. Maid Marian and Her Merry Men
4. The Worst Jobs In History
5. Crime and Punishment
1. Sanchez - Licence to Kill
2. the ones in World is Not Enough
3. Scaramanga - The Man with the Golden Gun (rubbish film though)
4. Blofeld - You Only Live Twice (the cliche version, have to be here I suppose)
5. Benicio del Toro as whatever he was called - Licence to Kill "we gave her a nice honeymoon"
its an outrage!
1. Red Grant
2. Auric Goldfinger
3. Rosa Klebb
4. Javier Bardem
because both of you have missed out the single best badass.
and why no room for Ms Onatop?
Agreed on Xenia though.
1. Honey Nut Loops
2. Coco Pops 1986
3. Coco Pops 1982 - featuring old skool coco monkey
4. Bran Flakes
5. Weetabix - genuinely threatening
1) B.D. Joe
1. Agent Dale Cooper
2. Frank Booth
3. Henry Spencer
4. Nikki Grace
1. Samba Supers
2. Campus 80s
3. Nizza High
4. ZX 9000
5. Superstar 80s