Whittington Park Football Pitch
Something we have never done before: a Sunday morning kick-off. It's almost like proper Sunday League football and surely the best way to get over your hangover. Furthermore, as it is the weekend before DiS' finest travel abroad to defend this website's respectable honour, the teams will be divided as Amsterdam XI vs Rest Of The World.
On the friendlies front, our game against National is all confirmed for Saturday 8th June (2 PM at Market Road), and the Chinese Community Centre have asked if they can play us again. Some time in June, date t.b.c.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 9:30 AM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 10 AM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Saturday 18 May/Sunday 19 May: 11-a-side tournament in Amsterdam
Saturday 8 June: friendly v National FC
Sunday 16 June: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 21 July: regular 11-a-side