Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
it's been a while.
+ Work is reasonably easy at the moment.
- Have to have a go at someone on the phone in a bit.
- Internet connection is atrocious here.
sure they played monkey last time at the trinity
an awfuil lot from the last two albums, but the sound was ace, they were ace, it was just ace.
enjoyed them being the backing band for hebronix too
Really liked the projections as well.
- quite skint atm (besides the factory, sports cars and me stocks and shares, obviously!)
+ just had a good brew and a nice salami and tomato sanger.
- bit bored, tbh.
+ have started getting into the remake of House of Cards and the first couple of episodes are grand.
Uploaded the next DiS podcast last night
Now I have to JAG(rip) it
Should get a couple of grand tax rebate
Have to finish my tax return
+ off on holiday in a mere six weeks
- work is still doing my box in a bit
- fatty fatty fat fat
+ Much needed Bank holiday weekend imminent
- My little niece had to be rushed to the doctors yesterday for some blood tests after she kept zoning out at the weekend, I'm sure it's nothing but it's not at all pleasant
- Can't believe how little money I've got and how far away from payday it is. Again.
- Works complete bollocks
+ Playign football and feeling the benefits
+ held a girls hand at the weekend
I felt *really* sorry for her.
+ I am getting healthier and fitter with each passing week.
+ My application to become chartered will be submitted next week
- I am spending almost 100% of my available funds on my wedding now and it's begining to get heart stoppingly tough.
- Finding time to record music and write is increasingly hard these days.
where the lyrics are taken from budgets and spreadsheets concerning wedding finance.
Two birds one stone?
+ Low at the Barbican tonight
+ I've ordered a Nexus 4
- needs more money (but this will change drastically with new job thankfully)
- I've eaten so much garlic over the past few days I can't taste anything properly and I probably stink of the stuff
BUT I GOT MINE RIGHT HERE.
+ Wagons won 6-1 which is crazy
+ Might have an exciting new business venture
- Feeling a bit podgy and out of shape
- Work is a bit dull
- Not been sleeping very well at all
+ Work is ok
- Worrying about money as May is going to be expensive what with car insurance, MOT and tax all happening at the same time. :(
- Have pretty much no money
+ Cycling to Paris in a few weeks
- My legs already hurt
+Cute Spanish girl I work with winked at me at lunch (I'm assuming winking doesn't mean something different in Spain?)
-the Cornish pasties I had for lunch weren't filling enough
-have a 3 hour meeting later today that is gonna be tedious
- work is draining me of vitality and happiness. I need to not let it get to me but christ.
- Not going to have a holiday for a long time and would really like some sun. Come on England, shine more.
+ I am really, really happy pretending to be in a band that will make it. It is definitely some kind of crisis but fuck it.
+ Today when I was being sad about my job my girlfriend said 'we only need a little money to be okay - if you needed to quit we would still have each other' and it near broke me. Nicest thing to hear from someone you care about.
YOU sound like a drip.
+ Just been signed off work for another week. Text my boss before to let her know, it's not even been busy anyway
- I don't think statutory sick pay is that much
+ I feel well enough to actually start doing stuff now so I don't feel like I'm wasting my time completely any more
- Pretty skint innit
+ went and saw some awesome things over the weekend - really inspiring
- these have incidentally made me feel like a massive massive loser and failure GREAT
- need to call th doctors because of the above. I'm scared.
+ 'working' tonight so I can sit down and do job applications without getting distracted
+ Going to the Hancock tomorrow and nice pubs and stuff
- staring unemployment in the face
+++++ leaving my horrible job that makes me cry AND getting a good, proper reference from my lovely new boss
+ I'm going to eat a creme egg once my boyfriend has gone to work
shit news about your sister :(
she'd obviously spent hours on it
+ Mere three weeks til Postal Service show!
- cannot find new house where we want, estate agents are evil
- getting burnt out at work again
(as long as you don't completely forget, of course)
+ Holiday is now less than 6 weeks away
- Working 8am - 10pm tomorrow. Probably finish up an hour or two early, but is still a long day.
- weather is a bit miserable
+ family stuff
- tried to make a Boots photo album online which nearly resulted in me smashing the world
- ate lunch at 11.00
+++ Nearly summer and Primavera and good times
--- Seriously, fuck my fucking job
+++ Things are going pretty swell generally hashtagvaguebook#
Every day that passes I feel like I'm slowly having each little piece of me replaced with a LEGO brick and they're getting closer and closer to my soul and it's been like this for FAR TOO LONG and I'm wasting my life and it's fucking ANNOYING.
now, i'm just angry the whole time with ineptitudes and annoyances. Need to think bigger.
(Who's not going to read what, you dick?)
You massive belm.
hashtagcaveat: My mum likes lego so she may be impressed.
That's the only reason I've stuck it out for so long, obviously.
hashtagawfulpun# she doesn't off tell me to lego, if you catch my drift.
Had to read it twice but it cracked me up.
Or I need to read through my posts for errors before posting. Either's fine.
Or you penetrating my mum.
Or my Mum's fucking glasses which I happen to know she's very paranoid about.
I'll be more careful with them in future, sorry.
- other things x 2
- work is shite
- ex is seriously thinking about emigrating to Oz and taking my boy with her :"(
+ sun's out
+ holiday weekend is upon us
Well that stuff about your ex has just put everyone else's wibbling in this thread into perspective...
Horrid situation. Hope things work out ok with that one.
+had some soup and sandwiches
-have to do some work at the allotment
+ The good 'ol BH is almost upon us
- Got some really boring work lined up for the next few months
- Little motivation due to the other '-' above.
- it's nearly finished
- my gas/electric bill came today
+ it's cheaper than this time last year even though it's been cold for an eternity.
+ put bets on over 2.5 and 4.5 goals last night, minutes before goals were scored.
- my gf's bday present hasnt arrived yet.
+ Everything else is sorted.
by the youths that pass by.
- Things are awkward between myself and my girlfriend. It's not nice.
+it's warmer which is lovely.
+Woke up feeling awful this morning, to discover that my alarm was wrong and it was only quarter to 6= Extra hour and 45 minutes in bed!
-i don't have a job/i'm bored
-driving instructor made a disabled joke
- I've been living out of a bag since the 11th of December
+ I don't have a job!
+ I won't be living out of a bag this time next week
+ A man with an hilarious name didn't turn up for his appointment. He has definitely been down to the deed poll office. Think "Malcolm Superfly", it's a bit like that
- Otherwise it is shit being stuck in this room on a day like this
+ This weekend there is the opportunity to either be in a kung fu movie or do a bit of Sacred Harp singing (they are both on at the same time)
- Nobody I talk to is that interested in doing these things. One person even said it would be better to just get pissed cos it is a bank holiday weekend. Surely you can get pissed and be in a kung fu movie on the same day?
+Finally leaving current job and moving back to an actual city
-New job sounds no less shit than current job
-The EFFORT of moving in with strangers again
- I finished things with my jerk of an on/off boyfriend yesterday
+ Going to yoga tonight
- Work stuff is generally pretty shit at the moment
- still 2/3 weeks away from getting my bike (+only 2/3 weeks away from getting my bike)
+ don't have to go to court on my birthday
+ seeing hookworms and paws and drinking loads of beer at YO1 festival this weekend
- Feeling pretty complacent about life right now, even though it's brilliant. Fear I might be acting a jerk as a result.
+ New Deerhunter and Boards of Canada
- Haven't seen my good friend in ten days and for some reason am not bothered about contacting her, don't know why.
+ Have sort of got over myself a bit and started again.
- Have sort of got over myself a bit and started again.
- Probably not working enough.
- I'm hungry
+ I've started writing again and am feeling enthused by it
- The future is a scary place
- Work feels like a bit of a grind at the moment
I'm going on the mofo'ing Orient Express on Friday :)
LBC sent me some goodies, but all tips gratefully received.
- It's still really cold
+ after this week, the next full week I'm working isn't until June
- I'm feeling very unprepared for pretty much everything I've got planned
- The courier said of my photographic ID "You've lost a lot of weight in that!" Fuck you buddy, I was barely 17 in that photo.
Might burn this shirt anyway.
+ Decided I'm going to put Relationship of Command on in the car on the way home. Nice day so will get the windows down and blare it!
- My mate Alison is leaving work at the end of May and she's really good banter so I'm going to miss her chat.
- Feel a bit faint and light headed whenever I stand up, happened yesterday too. Maybe just a bit tired.
+ just finished a huge project today, really relieved and it was quite the achievement
+ made the executive decision to cut myself off from working after 7 (apart from when its unavoidable, like if i have to be at work) so i can spare the time to, y'know, eat and stuff. might watch some tv tonight.
- people are really testing my patience at the minute
- so much fucking work to do, gonna be non-stop without any time to do anything worthwhile from tomorrow morning til two weeks on friday (argh sacrificing a bank holiday)
-/+ doing loads of stuff is good but also bad
+going home on Sunday
-have to train tonight
-famished, and I have to train tonight
+ we're getting pizza
- dungarees arrived with a broken button so have to send back
+ finally got the 3 days wage I was owed from my old job