Whittington Park Football Pitch
We played this lot back in September last year. A resounding 5 - 1 victory using long-ball tactics and a bit of bullying, described by one of the oppostion as 'It's like Stoke fucking City'. They missed a penalty. I took one in the face. Jake showed his ugly side. Henrik broke his toe, earning him a moody award at the end of the season. There was some post-match crowd trouble as well, but the less mentioned about that, the better.
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new changing rooms and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 2:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour to be confirmed, but most likely red
- final team selection will be announced on Thursday before the match
- 6 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection.
Sunday 11 May: regular 11-a-side (10 AM kick-off)
Saturday 18 May/Sunday 19 May: 11-a-side tournament in Amsterdam
Saturday 8 June: friendly v National FC
Sunday 16 June: regular 11-a-side