Whittington Park Football Pitch
Lots of admin stuff to get through.
First: this game is at 4 PM. Try to turn up before the start of the game, not after the final whistle. That would be silly.
Secondly: if you played in the last Reds v Blues game AND you paid me, then you can play for free, as we got a refund for the last game due to the terible state of the pitch.
Next: international friendlies. We will be playing the very friendly guys of Pacific Storm FC (www.pacificstorm.co.uk) on Saturday 27 April. And then on Saturday 8th June we will be battling against the equally friendly National FC. Both games will take place in the afternoon. Details t.b.c.
Finally: the Reds v Blues game for May will be very special, as (a) we will kick off at 10 AM, (b) it is at Market Road, and (c) it will be the Amsterdam XI v the Rest.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day*
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Saturday 27 April: friendly v Pacific Storm FC
Sunday 11 May: regular 11-a-side (10 AM kick-off)
Saturday 18 May/Sunday 19 May: 11-a-side tournament in Amsterdam
Saturday 8 June: friendly v National FC
Sunday 16 June: regular 11-a-side