Islington Tennis Centre
Fourth (and final?) match against the old enemy. Won one, lost two. It is officially squeaky-bum time.
We must expect another tough game and be at our best. We are under pressure but we have been in this situation before. We know what is expected from us, and we'll have to give absolutely everything until the end. We'll need to dig in even when the legs are heavy and overall we should aim to display the spirit and solidarity we know we can show. It needs something special. We can do it.
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour to be confirmed (but most likely blue)
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 6 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.
Sunday 21 April: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 11 May: regular 11-a-side
Saturday 18 May/Sunday 19 May: 11-a-side tournament in Amsterdam
Sunday 16 June: regular 11-a-side