Up at 8.45, nearly shaking with excitement. The football won't be vintage but with the pride of SE London at stake, today's early kick-off in the Championship promises drama, commitment and multiple arrests, hopefully none of which will involve me
Naturally it'd be typical of this thread to completely ignore the other games going on today and tomorrow, but I'll give a potted highlights.
- In the Premiership, Stoke take on WBA in a thrilling midtable near-derby
- Roughly half the Championship fixtures are relegation six-pointers, most notably Wolves against Bristol City, which should be tense as fuck
- Hartlepool look to continue their incredible escape attempt at Coventry, and Shrewsbury, themselves not far off trouble, travel to Crewe
- Aldershot host Wimbledon in an encounter that could suck one or both into real trouble
- Hendon host East Thurrock United in the Isthmian Premier, expecting a full report Phil
- On Sunday, Estoril host Academica de Coimbra in the Portuguese Liga
Now, to gird loins and stuff pool balls in socks...