Whittington Park Football Pitch
Just a quick announcement for our next Reds vs Blues game while I have brief acces to the Internet. It's weird, being cut off from the world's most important news source for almost a week. How did people in the olden days cope?
The curry night in February had to be postponed, but should still take place before the end of this month. 84joe is in charge for this one.
The friendly against Mama FC has been booked for Easter Sunday, 2 PM kick-off at Market Road.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Mon/Tues/Wednesday 25/26/27 March: curry night (details t.b.c.)
Sunday 31 March: international friendly vs Mama FC
Sunday 21 April: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 11 May: regular 11-a-side