Where do you fall in this - the idea is that you need the lower level ones before you can progress to the next level, although there are exceptions to this.
1. Biological and Physiological needs - air, food, drink, shelter, warmth, sex, sleep, etc.
2. Safety needs - protection from elements, security, order, law, limits, stability, etc.
3. Belongingness and Love needs - work group, family, affection, relationships, etc.
4. Esteem needs - self-esteem, achievement, mastery, independence, status, dominance, prestige, managerial responsibility, etc.
5. Self-Actualization needs - realizing personal potential, self-fulfillment, seeking personal growth and peak experiences.
less than 2% of people reach the illusive SELF ACTUALIZATION
i reckon i'm hobbling around the low to mid level 4 of needs.