Whittington Park Football Pitch
Hopefully everyone (and in particular Will) has calmed down after that extremely exciting 5-a-side tournament we had last weekend. Depending on how many invitations we get for other 5-a-side events, we may have another edition in this format later this year. Or we'll just have a one-off game on a sunny Sunday afternoon at the Old Street pitches.
Back to normal business however, our third proper 11-a-side game has been penciled in for next Sunday. Hopefully the quality will be as good as the first two, where each match was a true cracker, to close to call the winner until the very last kick of the game.
Some other administrative guff: a friendly against Mama FC has been confirmed for March, don't forget to reply to the email about the Amsterdam trip and finally, Welsh Rich is organising the traditional annual curry night later this month. More details to follow soon.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Wednesday 27 February: curry night (details t.b.c.)
Sunday 24 March: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 31 March: international friendly vs Mama FC
Sunday 21 April: regular 11-a-side