Whittington Park Football Pitch
Our first game of the year was certainly a game of two halves, and deciding the outcome with a penalty shoot-out is cruel (but fair). Let's see if we can repeat the excitement in our second game of the month.
The Times journalists (www.twitter.com/kayaburgess) declined to take up our offer to be beaten at a friendly, so the search for appropriate opposition continues. In the meantime, make sure to keep the weekend of 18/19 May free, and start putting some spare cash away. There will be a very exciting announcement next week. Did I mention the word "international"?
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 10 February: 5-a-side tournament
Sunday 24 February: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 24 March: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 21 April: regular 11-a-side