Whittington Park Football Pitch
2012 hasn't even finished yet, but the 5th year of glorious DiS Football is about to kick off. If you haven't played before, why not? The format is very straightforward, you indicate your interest down below, I count the numbers and towards the end of next week I'll split the applicants in 2 evenly matched teams. We'll have a semi-proper kickabout on Sunday afternoon and afterwards we all go to the pub, where Tunde will insult the barmaid. Simple as that.
And by popular demand, we will have another one of our now traditional 5-a-side tournaments in February, at the Sobell Sports Centre in Finsbury Park. More details to be announced closer to the date.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 27 January: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 10 February: 5-a-side tournament
Sunday 24 February: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 24 March: regular 11-a-side