Whittington Park Football Pitch
The very, very last game of the year. After this one we can all go and stroke our chins at ATP, shuffle down Oxford Street while hunting for presents, stuff our faces with stale mince pies, get grandma drunk on supermarket sherry and pay inflated prices at a rubbish NYE night. December is good for a lot of things, but playing football isn't one of them.
This last game is also the decider for the golden boot. The football authorities have decided to include this weekend's Brighton match in the statistics, and with JohnM unavailable for that one, this may mean that the goal tally might get even more close than it currently is.
And finally, don't forget that the infamous DiS Football Awards night will be held on Thursday 13th December at the Blue Posts conference centre in glamorous Soho. Not sure yet who the host will be (both Ricky Gervais and Jonathon Ross are not returning my phone calls).
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Thursday 13th December: DiS Football Awards night
Sunday 6th January: regular game
Sunday 27th January: regular game
Sunday 10th February: annual 5-a-side tournament (t.b.c.)