Whittington Park Football Pitch
Remember that a gaggle of Libertines fans challenged us to a game? And we played them on a sunny day in July? And how it all ended in tears? Well, here is the perfect opportunity to wipe that dark day from our memories.
The Libertines message boarders have renamed themselves as the Babyshambl ... scrap that, they are now called the puntastic Borussia .Orgmund, complete with snazzy website: http://borussiadotorgmund.blogspot.co.uk. But I have been assured that it's still the same bunch of lads, even including their rugby-playing ringers for extra oomph.
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new changing rooms and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour to be confirmed
- final team selection will be announced on Thursday before the match
- 6 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection.
Sunday 4th November: international friendly (maybe, details t.b.c.)Saturday 17th November: 11-a-side in Brighton
Sunday 25st November: regular 11-a-side
Weekday in early December: Awards night!!! (date t.b.c.)