Whittington Park Football Pitch
Last month's game featured a birthday hat-trick that never was. Not aware of anniversaries in the next episode of the eternally ongoing Reds v Blues battle, but if it is yours this time, feel free to score a few and then stay behind for some pub action.
Playing friendlies in Enfield on Sunday morning was never gonna be a popular option, so instead we revert back to a leisurely late Sunday afternoon kick-off at our home ground in Archway. The team formerly known as The Libertines' Fanboys have agreed to a rematch. Look how complimentary they are about us: http://borussiadotorgmund.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/drowned-in-sound-rematch.html. The thread to apply for this match will appear next week.
And finally, there is still time left to sign up for the Brighton away trip on 17 November. All you have to do is put your name down here http://drownedinsound.com/community/boards/social/4415381 and everything will be taken care of, as by magic.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 28th October: international friendly v Borussia .Orgmund
Saturday 17th November: 11-a-side in Brighton
Sunday 25st November: regular 11-a-side
Weekday in early December: Awards night!!! (date t.b.c.)