Whittington Park Football Pitch
Unknown opposition, these lads. Friends of our friends Chinese Community Centre, so fully expect them to be a nice, friendly bunch. Check out more details on their splendid website: www.pacificstorm.co.uk
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
On the future matches front, Churchfields are still trying to get a team together, but we are probably looking at a date somewhere in early November now. And hopefully you have all seen the announcement for our trip to Brighton: http://drownedinsound.com/community/boards/social/4415381
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new changing rooms and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour to be confirmed
- final team selection will be announced on Thursday before the match
- 6 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection.
Sunday 21st October: regular 11-a-side
Saturday 17th November: 11-a-side in Brighton
Sunday 25st November: regular 11-a-side
Weekday in December: Awards night!!! (date t.b.c.)