Whittington Park Football Pitch
Following on from August's subless sweatfest, here is installment #10 in our 2012 season. Only 2 more to go after this. It is almost time to start thinking about those coveted DiS Awards. And which pub to wreck.
As you may have seen in the other thread, we have confirmed an international friendly with the lads from Pacific Storm FC. Did I mention they have their own website? Have a look for yourself: www.pacificstorm.co.uk Other friendlies are still up in the air. Unsurprisingly, Mama FC have already asked if they can play us again. The cocky bastards ...
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 30th September: international friendly v Pacific Storm FC
Sunday 21st October: regular 11-a-side
Saturday 17th November: a very special 11-a-side
Sunday 25st November: regular 11-a-side