had a team-building session. was really good, actually. it was mainly about commonly mispronounced words, sayings, places, etc.
1) heinous - actually pronounced hay-nus.
2) cache - cash, not ka-shay.
3) pizza - actually should pronounced pizzer, not peetsa. crazy.
4) spitting image - actually should be spit AND image. true.
5) Lewes (as in the Sussex town) - nearly everyone gets this wrong, even people who live there, and says Lew-is, when it should actually be Loos.
how many of these five did you know?
love this stuff.