Whittington Park Football Pitch
Episode 3 of our ongoing battle with the people who bring you The Fly magazine and the Lovebox festival. The first match was a convincing win in the rain, the second one an unfortunate defeat featuring the first ever yellow card at a DiS game. Let's hope we can turn the tables again, if we win this one we might put our rivalry to bed.
As always with international friendlies, we have a proper FA approved referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
Little progress on other forthcoming friendlies, even though negotiations with Churchfields and Pacific Storm are continuing. Once we have sorted the TV rights and the VIP allocation we may agree on dates, some time in September hopefully. And keep your diary free for Saturday 17 November.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new changing rooms and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 2:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour to be confirmed (but most likely blue)
- final team selection will be announced on Thursday
- 6 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications for specialist positions (i.e. goalkeeper) will be viewed favourably.
Sunday 16th September: regular 11-a-side
Sunday 21st October: regular 11-a-side
Saturday 17th November: a very special 11-a-side
Sunday 25st November: regular 11-a-side